[Gimp-developer] 'gimp-levels' procedure with GEGL activated.

Hello there...
I am using GIMP 2.8 on Ubuntu Lucid, compiled from source code by me and
encountered an issue when using the Levels Tool or 'gimp-levels'
procedure with GEGL activated.
If I pull the high(right) slider down to, say, 150 the layer gets
extremely white, burned white.
If I deactivate the 'Use GEGL' the layer doesn't get that white, more
close to what I would expect by looking at the histogram.
To replicate the GEGL activated levels, I have to set the high setting
down to 75/80, almost its half, with GEGL deactivated.
This affects my workflow, specially with High-Pass Masking Sharpening
Filters who use 'gimp-levels' to boost contrast in the Sharpening Layer,
the result of such filters with GEGL activated is a white useless layer.
Before 2.8 I used every devel release, and the levels worked the same
way with GEGL and without it, now I have to switch on and off the option
every time I want to use 'gimp-levels' or the Levels Tool.
If this strong effect is the intended behaviour, then how could I use
the procedure correctly? To try and fix the High-Pass scripts and make
them compatible with 2.8 and GEGL...
Best Regards,
Aliet Expósito García

--

Este mensaje le ha llegado mediante el servicio de correo electronico que ofrece Infomed para respaldar el cumplimiento de las misiones del Sistema Nacional de Salud. La persona que envia este correo asume el compromiso de usar el servicio a tales fines y cumplir con las regulaciones establecidas

Infomed: http://www.sld.cu/