[Gimp-developer] Help :(

Gimp Developer(s),

My friend is having some problems with Gimp. When she opens it, the Tool features that are usually located on the right (Layers, Paths, Undo, ect.)  are missing. We’ve tried closing and opening Gimp, Looking at the Tool Bar at the top, and shutting down the computer, but nothing seems to work. The version she has is Gimp 2. I hope this was enough information needed to clarify the question. How can I help her get that Feature to show?

Sincerely,
Cora