Re: [Gimp-developer] Progress towards GIMP 2.8?

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 10:18 PM, Jeremy Morton wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Seems GIMP deadline is doing the usual thing - slipping.  :-)  This page
> used to indicate that 2.8 would be released near the beginning of 2012; now
> it's back to March:
>
> http://tasktaste.com/projects/Enselic/gimp-2-8
>
> Can any major developers give an indication of how near we are to a 2.8
> release?  I'm really looking forward to it!!!

That page is kinda updated by a major developer and it doesn't serve
as a too damn good indicator. Do you still want indications from major
developers? :)

The project is in "only bugfixing, not even small features can sneak
in" mode for a few months now. It's done when it's done.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org