[Gimp-developer] Gimp and Refactoring

Dears,

I noticed at [1] that around March 2001 GIMP code base experienced significantly decrease on LOC.

We are investigating to what extent is refactoring worth or should we just focus on new features. Difficulties of measuring their benefits are also usually long ten and invisible, so I'm doing research with professor Rick Kazman at UH to analyze these questions.

I've been looking around the internet for open source projects that could provide meaningful data in other to support our research and I came across GIMP on Ohloh.

I attempted to verify on achieve mailing lists around March 2011 to observe if the decrease on LOC was related to significant refactoring, however it seemed that 2011 march emails were not available. Only until around 06/2011. Is it possible for us to have access to it or could someone confirm by some other way that GIMP was undergoing refactoring or what caused the significantly LOC decrease?

I appreciate your attention regarding this matter.

Best Regards,

[1] https://www.ohloh.net/p/gimp

Carlos Andrade
http://carlosandrade.co