Re: [Gimp-developer] Compile module like display-filter-lcms.c

On 31 August 2012 17:39, Elle Stone <l elle stone gmail com> wrote:
> What's the right way to compile a module such as display-filter-lcms.c?

The build of the in-tree modules is already set up in automake. Just
change the file after having compiled GIMP without modifications, and
run "make" (and "make install"). Only the neccesary files will be
recompiled when you do this. I recommend doing the same when working
on the in-tree plugins, or any other part of the GIMP source code.

If the build parameters needs changing, like for building against LCMS
2 instead of 1, I'm afraid you will have to look into the autotools
files (configure.ac and Makefile.am). Read up on autotools on the web,
and ask if you get stuck.