Re: [Gimp-developer] Animation choices

Alexandre Prokoudine (alexandre prokoudine gmail com) wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 11:53 AM, Nik Omul wrote:
> > Question 1. Why apng isn't an officially supported file format?
>
> My guess is that we just never evaluated it.

apparently there is a plugin for it: http://registry.gimp.org/node/24394

And it apparently needs a patched libpng. Which is not going to fly with
the standard gimp distribution.

Unless someone figures out how to use the unpatched png library (or
implements the apng plugin by hand) I see no way how to deal with this
properly.

Bye,
        Simon
--