Re: [Gimp-developer] Toy License - Wilber

> Hello,
>
> My company develops limited edition toys for a variety of brands - game
> companies, communities, etc. and we are interested in making plush toys and
> statues of Wilber. We were touching base to discuss any concerns. We would
> look to provide a portion of proceeds to the community. If someone were
> able to get back to us that would be appreciated.

I am interested in selling Wilber and GEGL t-shirts too as part of
Banu's new shop.  It seems some GIMP team members want an adult line as
well.  ;)

Here is my understanding of it:

* Wilber (a coyote in case you didn't know) isn't exactly used for
  *selling* t-shirts by the GIMP team, but it has been used on t-shirts
  and other goodies by the GIMP team. So as it could be construted as a
  trademark, you'll have to get permission from the GIMP team depending
  on what toy/clothing you want to use it with.

* If you want to use a particular drawing of Wilber (there are many,
  such as by tigert, jimmac, mattanhan, etc.), you'll *also* have to
  get permission from its author as the image is copyrighted.  Some of
  these may have been released under permissive licenses, so you'll
  have to mention the license in that case, or get a waiver from its
  author.

Please reply with more details of what your offer is, what proceeds
will go to what community, what volume of sales you plan to do, and how
we can verify the proceeds against sales.

		Mukund