Re: [Gimp-developer] gimp 2.8 splash screen suggestion

2012/4/25 Devvv <devvv devvv de>:
> yes it was and I'm definitely someone that enjoys colorful things :) but I
> like the other proposal too, although I find it a bit too simple for a
> splash screen. nevertheless its looking very serious. good work!
>
>  I finally uploaded 2 more versions with a blurred line and without the
> line. however I like my initial version little more. it gives some special
> to it :) what do you think? see bug report for files

Much better. Personally I like the second more. It's colorful but it
doesn't feel overdone and it definitely left behind the "predefined
filter" look it had in its first incarnation.
I'm not sure about the typesetting. 2.8 it's sill too large.
I also wonder if the solid white band at the bottom will align ok with
the splash messages.

I did a quick mockup cloning and blurring the background and making
the band semi-transparent. Also changed the typesetting of the logo
and made some minor adjustments.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/255376/gimp/gimp-splash_gez-V4b.png

I don't have the original file so probably quality isn't great, but
just to have an idea of what I'm talking about.

What do you think?

Gez.