Re: [Gimp-developer] writing python scripts

On 04/08/2012 04:34 PM, Chris Chris wrote:
Hi there.

I'm new to gimp and I'd like to develop a sort of batch process to
create images (buttons icons etc).

I have browsed around but I can't seem to find the documtation that
explains how to. I did look at one or two tutorials and at the API
reference but it seems to reference C rather than python.

The Gimp python doc is here: http://www.gimp.org/docs/python/index.html

It's not completely up-to-date (there is undocumented stuff). Use the python-fu console to try things, and use dir() to find the not-so-documented methods and attributes, and the PDB browser to generate PDB call stubs.

Check the Gimp registry (registry.gimp.org) for python scripts and study them.

Can anybody give me some guidlines?

I'm not too familar with gimp 'objects' either like drawables, channels etc.

This is where it's going to hurt :)