[Gimp-developer] gimp - the wire protocol

Hi all,

I am not sure if I am posting in the right group, I apologize if I am not.

I am trying to develop a plugin for gimp (a helloworld in gimp2.6.11 in Win) in C/asm and I am testing different compilers/linkers (just for sport...).
For some of them, I am successful, some give me trouble. One problem is the message:

LibGimpBase-ERROR **: gimp_wire_write_msg: the wire protocol has not been initialised
aborting...

I placed some printf inside the code and the plugin seems to abort inside gimp_main() function. I perused the source code
but there is nothing obvious for me.
Is it a matter of linker?

Any explanation is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Lee