From: stecnico0506 hotmail com
To: gimp-developer-list gnome org
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 11:36:38 -0300
Subject: [Gimp-developer] Luminosity in LAB does not agree with Wikipedia or Matlab

Hi,
     In this article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HSL_and_HSV is displayed an image (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Fire_breathing_2_Luc_Viatour.jpg) and its luminosity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Fire-breather_CIELAB_L*.jpg). However, if I apply Colors-Components-Decompose-LAB in Gimp, the image L does not agree. The same happens with Matlab.

     I'm not sure if this is an error in the program or a documentation problem. In the last case, for example, the LAB model of Gimp is not the CIELAB model, or the model is CIELAB but they use different white points.

     Greetings,
                        Adrián del Pino N.