[Gimp-developer] remembering the image size as set in Preferences needs application restart

If I set a new image size in preferences, say by using one of the
dropdown preset dimensions, the new size will be taken in consideration
by the File -> New... menu only if I restart the application.

Is this a known issue ? Or am I missing something ?

Other strange thing is that if I delete completely the whole user
directory (the one begining with a dot), as if GIMP were fresh
installed, the new image dimension is 610x377 in GIMP 2.7.x instead of
640x400 in GIMP 2.6.x.

Cristi

--
Cristian Secară