Re: [Gimp-developer] Gimp and Youtube.

Hi Chris,

On 8 December 2011 05:34, Chris McCartney <elehmeno gmail com> wrote:
> Am I allowed to monetize Youtube videos with the visuals of Gimp?
> If I am allowed, can I get written permission to monetize Youtube videos
> with the visuals of Gimp?

If you mean: use the wilbur icon or copy the various tool icons that
gimp uses, then no, they are protected by copyright. You would need to
contact the original artists and get permission from them.

If you mean can you use gimp to draw titles or graphics for a video,
then yes that's fine.

The gimp license is here:

http://www.gimp.org/about/COPYING

John