Re: [Gimp-developer] Gimp and Youtube.

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 7:34 AM, Chris McCartney <elehmeno gmail com> wrote:
> I have a couple of questions regarding Gimp and Youtube.
>
> Am I allowed to monetize Youtube videos with the visuals of Gimp?
> If I am allowed, can I get written permission to monetize Youtube videos
> with the visuals of Gimp?
>
> Thank you for your time.
What is a visual an what do you mean by monetize? Make a tutorial and
cash in on ads in youtube? That does not need any kind of permission.
Using GIMP-s branding and other resources outside Gimp is a different
matter... I dont know about that.

But in general, GIMP is GPLv3, so all that is allowed by GPLv3 is
allowed with GIMP. There are no restrictions on use. There are some
obligations if you plan to distribute gimp. Thats about it.

--
--Alexia