[RFC] GUI for setting author

Hi,

I have patches adding the ability to set an author. This is
particularly useful for project regularly integrating patches for
occasional contributors.

But I have a request for comment about GUI. I experimented two ideas
but I don't know which is better. And I have to decide before rebasing
my topic branch.

1) Directly editable author
An editable textfield is added on commit dialog. A button allows to
select already known contributors (author of an existing commit).
See screenshot:
http://picasaweb.google.fr/guilhem.bonnefille/CapturesDCran#5312047635373547698

2) Indirect selection
In the commit dialog, the author is a button. This button allows to
open a dialog with editable text field and list of known authors.
See screenshot:
http://picasaweb.google.fr/guilhem.bonnefille/CapturesDCran#5363243652017728450

I really don't know which layout is better. Any comment is welcome.
--
Guilhem BONNEFILLE
-=- JID: guyou im apinc org MSN: guilhem_bonnefille hotmail com