Re: [gexiv2] New development snapshot: gexiv2 0.9.0

Hi Jim,

On Wed, 2014-02-05 at 20:17 -0008, Jim Nelson wrote:
I've pushed gexiv2 0.9.1 that should fix your problems, Ankur.  I also
discovered some other issues with introspection support, so it's a
good thing you brought this to our attention.

The new release is at:
https://download.gnome.org/sources/gexiv2/0.9/gexiv2-0.9.1.tar.xz
Let me know if this works for you!

Thank you for the quick fixes. It builds and installs all the components
properly now. I can't get the checks to work, though:

When I run `make tests`, the valac command doesn't find the
<gexiv2/gexiv2.h> header required to compile the program. The valac
command doesn't use an --includedir option in Makefile.am, so I'm
guessing it looks at the standard locations and/or the pwd for this
header? I tried to add `--includedir=.` (and `--includedir=..` in case
valac was invoked in the `tests` directory) to it, but that didn't work.
Since the package is built in a buildroot, ideally, it should look at
$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{_includedir}, where `make install` correctly installs
the headers.

Here's the build log for a build that failed at `make tests`:
http://paste.fedoraproject.org/74852/65244013

Does it work right for you?

I can push an update for rawhide (Fedora 21) already. Since there isn't
an API/ABI change, it isn't really a major update.
--
Thanks again,
Warm regards,

Join Fedora! Come talk to us!