Re: [gexiv2] Python 2/3 and unicode

I sent my last response a little too quickly:

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 2:45 AM, Jim Easterbrook <jim jim-easterbrook me uk> wrote:
Is there any way to change the codec used by 'get_tag_string' or to change its return type from unicode to bytes?

As far as changing the bindings, perhaps, but I don't know what that would be.  I'd be happy to take a patch if you (or someone else) finds out.

As mentioned in the first ticket I linked to, there appears to be a way to get the raw bytes from Exiv2, but only for EXIF data.  This would be useful if the encoded string had a NUL embedded in it.

-- Jim