[Gexiv2] GExiv2.Metadata Issue

Attempting to use GExiv2 here for the first time, followed the download & compile instructions, but when I try to follow the simple example the following error occurs:

>>> exif = GExiv2.Metadata('/home/wickedshell/code/NIR_Tetra/TTC00013.DCM')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: GObject.__init__() takes exactly 0 arguments (1 given)

Not sure what's causing this, and would appreciate any assistance in determining the cause. This was in Python 3.3.0, on a Linux machine (kernel 3.7.5). If any more info is needed please let me know.

Thanks for your time!