Re: [Gegl-developer] porting a GEGL filter to OpenCL

Currently I am working on MacbookPro Retina installed with OS X 10.10.
I have a VMware virtual machine on my USB 3 hard drive, which I can
run using VMware Fusion 7.1

However for correctness and performance testing, which option is the best?

* compile the gegl directly on OS X (which I can't get it compiled)
* compile on a Linux VM that runs on VMware Fusion 7.1
* install Linux on my USB hard drive, boot my retina macbook from the
Linux USB hard drive and compile from there?

I don't know whether I can really test performance of OpenCL in a VM.
Also both the USB HD and the retina support USB 3, so in this case,
will the hard disk no longer be the bottleneck?

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 8:38 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine