[Gegl-developer] Qt bindings and gegl_node_set*

Hi all!
  I don't know when (or even "if") I'll start working on that, but I'm
considering extending the gegl Qt bindings to include almost everything
which is currently available to the C/glib bindings, so that a developer
writing an application using gegl in Qt wouldn't have to use the C/glib
API at all.

One thing I'm concerned about is the lack of a gegl_node_setv()-like
method, which would allow to set a list of properties on a node at once
(I'm aware of gegl_node_set(), but that's unsuitable for language bindings).
So the question is: is calling gegl_node_set_property() multiple times
exactly equivalent to a single call to gegl_node_set() containing all
the properties, or are there performance issues?
I see that gegl_node_set_va() calls g_object_{freeze,thaw}_notify(),
what is that needed for?
Does setting a property have any immediate effect on the rendering, or
does that happen only when gegl_node_process() is called?
Could the order of setting properties have any effect on the rendering
results or performance?

Ciao,
  Alberto

--