[gedit-list] Changes in gedit and GTK

Hi,

I recently installed a fresh Arch Linux on a laptop
and found some changes in gedit and GTK disappointing.
I've been using gedit for coding for about 10 years already.
And I would really appreciate my voice to be heard.

With gedit upgraded from v3.22 to v3.36,
the first thing I lack is Ctrl+Alt+PgUp and Ctrl+Alt+PgDown
for switching tabs. There seems to be no keyboard shortcut for
taking a quick look at a bunch of files I just opened
for refactoring. This applies to other GTK-based applications,
such as gnome-terminal Ctrl+PgUp and Ctrl+PgDown.
Unfortunately I no longer can easily manage many tabs.

The second thing I miss is opening a recent file.
Pressing Alt+O and then searching for recent files
was very useful. The Ctrl+O and Alt-0 was the ultimate
tool for opening a file. In the new version they
both do the same. I tried opening a file-open-dialog
then selecting "Recent" but it's too difficult
without a mouse. Then I also tried a plugin
called "Quick Open" which unfortunately is not polished
enough to be useful. It doesn't even show the path
of a recent file and doesn't support searching
using the whole path.

The other changes ware about text editing. I still have to
investigate why Ctrl+Shift+End and Ctrl+Shift+Home
doesn't work anymore. Is this intentional?

Anyway these are my thoughts. Hopefully I know enough
terminal to achieve that functionality with
terminal commands.

Kind regards
Archil