[gedit-list] noob color question : top bar red

Hi,

I'm an old linux user, but strangely enough a total noob with gedit. (old vim fan)
Anyway, I just installed it, on a ubuntu 16.04 (did I mention 'old' already ? ;) )

Whenever I open it (as regular user, not root or using sudo or whatever),
the top bar, containing the 'SAVE' button, is completely RED.

I have no idea why. On other editors this could/would mean : beware you're root. Which i snot the case.

Any idea what may cause this ?

thank you !!

S.