[gedit-list] Seeking help with a commercial project based on Gedit

Hello All!

My name is Lucius and I am currently setting up www.wallet-protector.com where owners of virtual currencies such as  Bitcoin etc. will be able to store encrypted backups.

There is an encryption tool integrated in our site but it is browser based - which is obviously not the most  secure method for creating confidential cipher files. The browser based solution is more for letting people check out how our service works but in the end we want to motivate them to use a solution where they boot a live linux from an usb stick, enter their text in an editor such as Gedit, encrypt it and then upload the result to our site.

From our point of view Gedit is almost what we we are looking for. It runs on Linux, it is a no-nonsense editor and encryption / decryption can be added easily with a script.

However, what we would need in order to make Gedit end-user proof is not more, but less functionality. No File menu, no  Tools, may be even no Edit menu - just an empty text editor and a passphrase request  when the user clicks on "save".

As we want to use this tool in a business context we will be happy to either pay the developer who'd like to take on this project or we give a donation, e.g. to the GNU project.

Please let me  know what you think. My email is lucius bobikiewicz wallet-protector com

Cheers

Lucius