[gedit-list] gedit on Windows and markdown plugin

I am using gedit on CentOS but would also like to use it on Windows (Vista). I have installed gedit 2.30.1,
the latest version that seems available, but am unable to get the markdown plugin recognized by the editor.
If I am correct, only version 1 of the markdown plugin is compatible with gedit 2.30.

Does anyone have this markdown plugin running on Windows? What might I be missing?

Thank you.