Re: [gedit-list] Are there checksums to check downloads against for MSWindows installer?

Well, there is being concious of the situation, and then there is paranoia. I'm not sure you can trust me for what I say either, I'm probably that man in the middle. Here is the sha256sum though:

a611e9c233321c29cf8307d94d37e5a9028b2d99bba9ecd06ebb9a670cfb29a2

So yes, I confirm

> Added

Thanks.

If it wouldn't be too much of a bother, I'd like to ask one more
thing, to make things a bit more difficult for the MIM. Many projects
will post the actual checksums on the announcements list. Could I at
least have you confirm the contents of

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/gedit/2.30/gedit-2.30.sha256sum

to be

a611e9c233321c29cf8307d94d37e5a9028b2d99bba9ecd06ebb9a670cfb29a2
gedit-setup-2.30.1-1.exe

The present interchange is good enough for my purposes, since I took
the download some time ago. (From memory, it matches to at least the
first four digits. But the machine is at work, so I'll check it again
on Monday before installing.) But others will want a separate path to
confirm the checksum, and confirming it here will provide that.

Hope it's not too much of a bother.

--
Joel Rees