Re: [gedit-list] xmodmap, German umlaut, diaeresis

Hi Paolo,

it does work now completely in ubuntu (guest in VirtualBox), except in
gnome-terminal, where it probably should not.
For the ubuntu-in-VirtualBox case I had to modify my "setuml" command
(which finally execs xmodmap) to know two cases: host system has or has
not already set the umlaut xmodmap setting.
I probably confused things while testing. Sorry.

The issue stays in Solaris 11.1 (and was an issue in earlier Solaris
versions too).
But as I newly found out, it curiously for some applications depends
on the kind of the call! (?)

The umlaut setting in any case works in:
firefox, thunderbird, OpenOffice, nautilus, ...

The umlaut setting works if the application is called from the menu or
from a panel, but not if it is called from a terminal for:
gedit, gnome-screenshot, ...

The umlaut setting does not work at all (which is probably ok) for:
gnome-terminal, xterm.

Thanks

Norbert