[gedit-list] gedit file selection screen

Hello,

I run gedit on Mac OS X 10.7.5.  I like the editor, but I won't use it unless the following problem has a
fix.  The problem:

When I want to open  file, I click on File -> Open and get a screen that offers me the most recent files to
ope.  That's fine.  However, if I want to ope another file, I click on File System in the left-hand pane.
The main pane then shows all the files in the root of the file system sorted in order of increasing character
count in each file's name.  That is flat out ridiculous.  How do I get an alphabetical list like I get with
gedit in Linux?

Regards,

Peter