[gedit-list] [CentOS] user gedit dictionary being overwritten

Jan 27, 2014

gedit 2.28.4
CentOS release 6.5 (Final)
Kernel Final 2.6.32-431.3.1.el6.86_64 (64 bit)
GNOME 2.28.2

I am a user on a corporate (governmental) system - relevant details above.  The system administrators
installed gedit for me, including the gedit-plugins (Spell Checker ...).

Whenever I spell-check a document in gedit and save spelling corrections to my dictionary
(~/.config/enchant/en_US.dic), that en_US.dic gets updated (increasing, e.g., ~6 bytes per word added).

However, when I log out and log back in again, the file ~/.config/enchant/en_US.dic) is reset at 0 bytes
(i.e., is empty).

I believe that the file permissions(-rwx------) are ok.

Neither they or I (Google, etc.) can determine the problem.  It appears that root is overwriting my en_US.dic
file every time I log in (and creates a blank en_US.dic file, if the ~/.config/enchant/ directory is empty).

Suggestions?  Is this a gedit problem? CentOS?  Do they need to install gedit as root, then log in as me (my
user account) and install the gedit-plugins (using their root/sudo) password?

I.e., presently, the gedit-plugins are installed at /usr/share/gedit-2/plugins (e.f.
/usr/share/gedit-2/plugins/spell) - shouldn't they be in my own (local, user) directory - e.g.
~/.gnome2/gedit/ (or similar file location)?

I've been going round in circles with them on this; if someone could resolve this issue, that would be great!

Thanks ...