[gedit-list] ./configure and disabling languags

Hello,
I tried to build gedit from source.
I ran the usual ./configure without setting anything, and then make.

I saw under a folder named "po" that many *.po files are generated,
like fi.po, fr.po, km.po, and a lot more.
It seems to me that these files are each representing some language.

I am only using English. Is there some way to pass a parameter
to configure so that only English will be supported ?

Regards,
Kevin