[gedit-list] What shall i use instead of gtkhtml2 in a plugin?

Hi there,

I'm trying to make an elderly plugin work with GEdit 3.8.x, a
reStructuredText preview panel. (My fork on GitHub is at
https://github.com/bittner/gedit-reST-plugin)

The plugin uses gtkhtml2 as in the code snippet below. However, this
looks not to be available anymore (at least on my Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy
system).

        import gtkhtml2
        # ...
        html_view = gtkhtml2.View()
        html_doc = gtkhtml2.Document()
        html_view.set_document(html_doc)

What should I use instead? Google wasn't very cooperative, I couldn't
find anything about migrating to somewhere else.

Thanks for any hint,
Peter