[gedit-list] Gedit python plugin

Hello!

I have several questions regarding developing a Gedit plugin in Python3.

1. How to warn the user that an error occured during runtime (eg. couldn't write settings file)? Should you inform the user?

2. Is there a way that the plugin disables itself?

I found „Peas.Activatable.deactivate()“ which does not work for a Gedit plugin.

3. How do you handle an error / exception? Any best practices / examples?

4. How to debug? Is there an easier way than starting Gedit via commandline and see if there are any error messages?

5. How to test for multiple gedit versions? Is there an easier way than to have virtual machines with all gedit versions and test if they work everywhere?

6.How to spell Gedit/gedit Gnome glib / Gtk / gobject correctly? Is there a proper way to write these names regarding use of capital and small initial letters?

I am currently using gedit 3.8. Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards

Georg