Re: [gedit-list] Reading document content, iteratively, from plugins

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 07:56:30AM -0400, Dustin Oprea wrote:
It looks like I can get iterators for each successive line of a document,
but is it efficient to read individual lines this way, or is there a better
way? I need to write a document out to a file in the background (to
something other than the current location), but I'd prefer not to read the
whole document as a single block, nor write it as a single block.

I realize that I can also get a character-count for each line, but I'm not
sure if this is an improvement. I'd also rather not be responsible for
determine the correct newline-style.

See gedit_document_save_as(). It's probably what you want.

Sébastien