Re: [gedit-list] Gedit missing Preferences in menu.

My appologies if I haven't formatted this message correctly so as to continue the thread viewable online at https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gedit-list/2013-March/msg00019.html

In that thread Ryan enquired as to why Preferences was missing from the Edit menu (since v3.7.5) and Ignacio responded that it is now in the app menu.

I can't access the app menu when I run gedit with sudo. I really need to disable word wrap (line wrap) when editing a system file but I can't get in to the preferences.

Is there a way? Perhaps I haven't configured gnome-shell correctly?

Many thanks, Chris

Gedit (+gnome-shell): v3.8.2