Re: [gedit-list] code assistance plugin

Hi Adam,

that's correct mainly it does just highlighting but the idea is to make it provide all the magic like i.e valencia gives.

Regards.

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 10:36 PM, Adam Dingle <adam medovina org> wrote:
I've been playing with the gedit-code-assistance plugin recently.  There's no documentation at all, so I've been reading the code to try to figure out what it can do.  :)  I *believe* that today gedit-code-assistance provides real-time error highlighting for C, C++, Python and XML, and that is all.  I see a SymbolBrowser class in the code, but can't see any sign of a graphical symbol browser interface.

So is this correct - that's what gedit-code-assistance does today?  Even just this is pretty useful.

Are there plans to expand gedit-code-assistance to provide more features such as jump to definition, a graphical symbol browser, tooltips showing function prototypes and so on?

adam