Re: [gedit-list] gedit on large files

Hey, it kind of depends on whether the file contains long lines or not. We would have profile it and see where the bottleneck is happening.

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 8:35 AM, Andy Tai <atai atai org> wrote:
Hi, this may be an issue with the editor component gedit uses rather than gedit itself but I would start here.  If I use gedit to edit large files, like log files that may be 20 MBytes or larger, gedit is very slow in handling it (scrolling, for example).  For comparison, the Java based jedit handles it with no slowdown in scrolling.  Wonder if this is a known issue...

--
Andy Tai, atai atai org, Skype: licheng.tai
Year 2013 民國102年