[gedit-list] search for a space character

Gedit v3.2.6 on Fedora 16.

When I search for a space character in the Search/Replace... dialog (Ctrl+H), on the first input of the space character several few are added to my search. This probably comes from the prediction based on a previous search. This might be handy when one actually sees the other characters (word completion), but not when they are just spaces.
What do the developers have to say about it?