Re: [gedit-list] highlight a line in a text file in gedit

HI Waiki,

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 3:06 PM, Waiki Wright <wxwright gmail com> wrote:
Hi,
  I am new to ubuntu and using gedit for .txt files.  Wondering if there is any plugin to highlight or add color to a line or a word in the text file?
 Thanks!

W. Wright

If you want to make note of a single line, you may want to consider the Bookmarks plugin. It will let you record a certain line that you want to remember, and you can also move between bookmarks. I'm not sure if the plugin is installed by default, but you should be able to enable the plugin by going to Edit > Preferences > Plugins > Bookmark Plugin. If you don't see it there, install the "gedit-plugins" package, and then restart gedit. The plugin will be available after you restart gedit.

I don't think there is a way to apply highlighting to just a single word in gedit. gedit is a text editor, and is not a word processor.

I hope this information helps you! Let me know if there is something that I've misunderstood.

Jim