Re: [gedit-list] question about gedit and root login

Hi Tom,

	while I agree that generally running as root is not a good idea, the
behavior you describe is a bug in gedit. I think it may be related to
the fact that gedit now uses DBus to check the "current instance" and
maybe the DBus session of root behaves differently.

Do you login as root or do you login with a normal user and then use
"su"? If the latter, can you see if using "su -" makes a difference?

Ciao
	Paolo