[gedit-list] Snippets under plain text

Hello

I like Gedit even more now as an amateur writer. I type a word as a snippet name, use the same word to the right where the snipped goes, then type a character for the tab to work on and that word appears in my Plain Text document. Almost as good as WordPerfect and there are no brackets, braces, or odd punctuation.

The ' Global ' area is getting full and if I try my meagre skills at programming, I'm in trouble.

Can somebody help me make a Plain Text language file so I can stick all the snippets (alien characters) into. I read the info on snippets and nothing seems to fit.

Thanks a lot.

Rex Welsh