Re: [gedit-list] Introduction

Hi Pronoy,

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 10:00 AM, pronoyc gmail com <pronoyc gmail com> wrote:
Hello,

I just subscribed to the GEdit mailing list. I have been using Gnome for the past 3 years now and have come to like it very much. Likewise I've started using Gedit with the Gmate plugins and am in love with it. Makes coding a far better experience than using any other editor. I believe it is customary to introduce yourself so here goes

My name is Pronoy Chopra, I hail from India and have some experience with Python. I successfully completed my GSoC 2011 with WorldForge where my job was to create an asset management system for the game community using Python - Flask. I have some experience with Web Dev but now I am looking to learn more and I'd like to work with/on Gedit with Python. How can I start?

Pronoy Chopra
http://pronoy.in
http://pronoychopra.blogspot.com
@pronoyc

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Thank you for offering your help with gedit.

Perhaps for starters you could take a look at any of the bugs that are listed in the 3.0, 3.1 or 3.2 series on this page:

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=gedit

If any of them look like bugs that you might be interested in fixing, or if you think you have the expertise to try and fix them, feel free to go ahead and give it a try.

If you run into trouble, I would recommend asking questions on the #gedit irc channel, as a developer or two are usually around.

Thanks again for being in touch,

Jim