Re: [gedit-list] How can I help?

Hi

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 1:02 PM, Travis O <travis tapeandcode com> wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> I'm new to working on open source projects like this, but I've been
> programming for the past several years in gedit and figured it's about time
> for me to give back to the community.

Great to hear that.

> What can I do to help you guys out,
> and what's the correct way to go about working on this project?
In general, you submit bugs and/or patches in bugzilla. You might also
want to hang out in IRC (irc.gimp.net) channel #gedit to get more
direct communication. I can say that Paolo, Nacho, Jesse are very
helpful!

> I was
> thinking about working on something like Bug 485471.
Normally just attach the patch in the bug. If you want to make sure
that nobody is working on a bug before working on it, just take the
bug and/or ask in IRC.

>  I read over all the
> gnome-love stuff but I'm still not totally sure how working on a project
> like this works.

Hope this helps

José