Re: [gedit-list] Plugin to rewrap current paragraph (like emacs alt-q)

2011/5/2 Jesse van den Kieboom <jesse icecrew nl>:
> Is this any different than the Split/Join Lines plugin we ship with gedit
> plugins?

In the case of plain text with no indentation it does almost the same
than split/join lines indeed.  It is better for indented text or
comments in code because it is aware of the prefix. For example if I
use it on a C++ comment like this one:

    // A comment
    // on two lines

it will merge it like this:

    // A comment on two lines.

(join lines would have kept the '//' from the second line.)

Also it directly applies to the current paragraph where the cursor is,
that is you don't need to select the lines you want to reformat.

Gui