[gedit-list] disabling find/replace autofill feature

Hi -

After a recent update to my OS, I've noticed that there has been a change in the way gedit handles find/replace. It now tries to "anticipate" what I want to replace text with, autofilling the replace window with what I had typed earlier. This is extremely frustrating, as I'm constantly having to correct the information in the replace window (and occasionally having to undo a find/replace result when I didn't notice it in time). I'm sure the feature is useful for some, but I'm definitely not in that number. How can I disable it?

Bill Hartkopf