[gedit-list] ctrl-f box - escape and enter keys

Hi. Are you sure the way escape and enter work in gedit 3 the find
(ctrl-f) box is intuitive? Personally, they're driving me mad. I would
never guess that enter may cause the box to close and escape will scroll
to the other end of the file. In most apps I know (Firefox, for
example), enter searches for another occurrence of the phrase and escape
closes the box. Wouldn't it be a good idea to implement the standard
behaviour?

A feature of customising the hot keys would also (always) be nice.

I use gedit 3.0.5, in case something's changed in some newer version.

Regards,
lampak