Re: [gedit-list] Default syntax highlight questions

On 6 July 2011 04:11, Jean-Philippe Fleury <contact jpfleury net> wrote:
Imran Chaudhry a écrit le 2011-07-04 06:06 :
> What I want to know is two things:
> 1. can I set gedit to always use a highlight mode as default for every
> document?

I've just wrote a question/answer about that in the FAQ. See
https://live.gnome.org/Gedit/FAQ#default-highlight-mode

> 2. where is a good place to start to create my own highlight syntax
> definition for gedit?

Here: https://live.gnome.org/Gedit/NewLanguage

Regards,

Jean-Philippe

Thanks very much for that Jean-Philippe. I will give modelines a try.

I'm excited about creating my own "note" language highlight syntax as then I can make use of the whole spectrum of highlight features that gedit gives me. I really do depend on my notes (and therefore gedit) as an "extension" of my memory.

--
GPG Key fingerprint = B323 477E F6AB 4181 9C65  F637 BC5F 7FCC 9CC9 CC7F

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” - Indian political and spiritual leader Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)