Re: [gedit-list] Debugging Plugins

On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 15:12 +0100, dennis wrote:
> i'm interested to walk through my python plugin code "step by step",
> so i can set breakpoints and very important watch values on exution.
> Is there any way, i can do this?
> Cause i need imported"gedit", it must be available in gedit.
> I found this:
>
> on:        http://live.gnome.org/GeditPluginHowto

This is nice to know.

Gedit Developer Plugins (https://launchpad.net/gdp) solved the issue
differently. I am a TDD programmer so I wanted to test the plugin as
well as debug it. The test runner builds set of fake gedit python
objects from the gedit c defs that the plugins use in tests. There is
enough functionality to create windows, add tabs, and add documents. I
use the standard pdb to debug methods.

I am updating the plugins to gir/libpeas and be a gedit extension. I
hope to drop the fake objects if the will be a gir gedit package.

--

__C U R T I S  C.  H O V E Y_______
Guilty of stealing everything I am.