Re: [gedit-list] limiting document tab size

sinan bulut a écrit le 2011-08-29 21:29 :
Hi all,
I am wondering if there is quick way to limit the document tab size
which is otherwise determined by the length of the filename.

Not that I know of.

The fact
that I use long filenames limits how many document tabs I can workwith
simultaneously.

I found that the max length of a file name before tab title is truncated is 40 characters. For example, if we open the following file, the tab title won't be truncated:

A very very very very long file name.txt

Now, if we open the following:

A very very very very very long file name.txt

it will be truncated:

A very very very ve...y long file name.txt
19 characters      ...20 characters

It may be a good idea to add an option in dconf to set the max length of a tab title. Maybe a bug report to fill here:

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gedit

Regards,

Jean-Philippe