Re: [gedit-list] Gedit docs update

Hey Paul,

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 5:37 PM, Paul Weaver <ch3pjw bath ac uk> wrote:
Hi Jim,

I'd quite like to get involved writing/editing some documentation, but I
need to be pointed in the right direction! I don't have much experience
of the gedit plugins on your todo list, but I've got some free time to
try them out.

Thanks,
Paul Weaver

Thanks for offering to help. This might be a good project to help with, because things are already well-started and stubbed out.

Are you familiar with gedit and git? If so, you can clone the current gedit sources from here: http://git.gnome.org/browse/gedit/ (Look at the bottom of the page).

The files that I'm working on are in the gedit/help/C directory, and they are named like this:  gedit-plugins-******.page.stub.  By using the extension ".page.stub" extension, they won't appear in the compiled docs.

You can look at the other gedit-plugins* files to get an idea of how things are set up. Do you feel like you have enough information to get started, or do you have other questions?

Let me know. And thanks for offering to help!!

Jim