[gedit-list] Validation of language-specs

Hi all

I have been trying to update my ASCEND language definition to the
gtksourceview-2.0 format, but I keep messing up the XML and it fails to
load with gedit, presumably because it doesn't validate against the
required schema.

I found that validation can be done on Ubuntu using the tool
'xmlstarlet'. It's in the Ubuntu repository.

xmlstarlet val -e -r
/usr/share/gtksourceview-2.0/language-specs/language2.rng
~/ascend/tools/gtksourceview-2.0/ascend.lang

Does anyone else have any other tools that work better/differently?

Cheers
JP

--
John Pye