[gedit-list] Python Plugins - placeholder names and behaviors

I'm working through the HowTo at http://live.gnome.org/Gedit/PythonPluginHowTo and have built the ExamplePy that clears the current document. The code worked as expected, but the placement of the menu choice is wrong.

My xml looks like so:

ui_str = """<ui>
<menubar name="Menubar">
<menu name="ToolsMenu" action="Tools">
<placeholder name="ToolsOps_2">
<menuitem name="ExamplePy" action="ExamplePy"/>
</placeholder>
</menu>
</menubar>
</ui>
"""

Unfortunately, this wound up as the last item on the View menu. I have no clue why.

I've looked around for examples of the various placeholder names and where they are supposed to fall, but can't really find anything with Google Searches except for code listings. I can't find any documentation at all. Perhaps I don't know what to search for.

Can somebody please point me in the right direction so I can control where my menu items land?

Thanks

Ed Greenberg